Friday, June 15, 2007

Moab

We started out our day by fueling up for our days activities with a yummy breakfast at Jailbirds. After breakfast, we went on a mountain bike tour up Klondike Bluffs…. and had a BLAST! There were only a few of us on the tour (Kimbal and I, one other couple, and a guide), which was nice. It was also nice that we went early in the morning, to beat the heat. I hadn’t been mountain bike riding in over 5 years, and I forgot how much fun it is. Fortunately, I did not forget my skills, and I totally rocked the rock! (The trail was mostly slick rock, with some dirt road portions) Kimbal did pretty darn good too, especially considering he dwarfed his rental bike. Also, dual suspension is great. I’d only ridden bikes with front shocks before, so that was a nice treat. Once we got to the top of the bluffs, we had a nice view of Arches national park. The temperature started rising on our way back to the truck, but luckily it was all down hill from there.




We attempted to escape the mid-day heat by sacking out in our motel room for a few hours. But, before it could cool off, I got antsy and wanted to do some more exploring, so I woke Kimbal up from his peaceful nap to go do the Arches scenic drive. The drive was good, and we stopped at a couple of places to hike out to various arches and balanced rocks. We probably would have hiked even more, but the temperature (105 F) and our grumbling stomachs held us back. We rounded out the day enjoying some air conditioning while having an indulgent meal of all you can eat pizza at Zax. Yum.






1 comment:

Mike Karas said...

Viva El Moab! Feliz viaje!
--Miguelito